SuperCable® Grip & Plate System
This next generation system of trochanteric grips and cable-plates utilizes the clinically proven SuperCable® polymer cerclage system, while also providing the unique option for use of either compression or locking bone screws.* Locking screws offer improved construct rigidity, improved fixation in osteopenic bone, and the ability to place effective unicortical screws. Every screw hole in all plate or grip sizes allow for placement of either a compression or locking screw for maximum flexibility and effectiveness in reconstructing complex fractures and osteotomies.
Features of the SuperCable® Grips and Cable-Plates include:
- Ability to utilize locking or compression screws in any screw-hole.
- Ability to place a short locking screw directly into the trochanteric fragment or adjacent to implant components.
- Ability to preserve periosteal blood supply via use of locking screws.
- Polymer cables with fatigue strength superior to both wire and metal cables, thereby reducing complications due to cable fretting and breakage.
- Provision of long-term dynamic compressive loading across bone fragments, via the Iso-Elastic™ property of the polymer cables, to offer the possibility for better healing and increased construct strength.
- Cables can be easily retightened to adjust cable tension, both saving time and reducing the number of cables required.
*Featuring Agilock® Technology
- Contoured proximal anatomic fit.
- Sharp proximal hooks to penetrate musculature and secure trochanter.
Small distal anti-rotation hooks.
- Option for placement of short locking screws in trochanteric fragment, or anywhere adjacent to medullary implant.
- Cable holes optimized for use with polymer SuperCable.
Curved Cable-Plate in long sizes to match femoral bow.
- Choose locking or compression screws.
- Either screw type can be placed in either end of oval screw-hole for more placement options.
- Bi-directional screw holes allow dynamic compression to be applied in either direction.
- Screw-holes offset from centerline for increased flexibility in obtaining optimal bone purchase.
- Compression screws can be angled up to 57º and 16º to make best use of available bone stock.
US Patent Nos. 6,589,246, 7,207,090, 8,469,967, and 9,107,720. Europe Patent Nos. 1,389,940, 1,781,961, 2,117,452, and 2,432,401. Japan Patent Nos. 4,829,236 and 5,938,095. Turkey Patent Nos. TR201309922T4 and TR201405440T4. Additional US & World Patents Pending.