This revolutionary polymer-based cerclage system is designed to solve many of the inherent problems of traditional monofilament wire and cabling systems.
Features of the system include:
- Fatigue strength superior to both wire and cables thereby reducing complications due to breakage.
- The elimination of cable-generated metal particle debris that have been shown to greatly increase wear in adjacent total joints.
- No sharp cable ends to irritate patient tissue.
- No sharp cable ends to cut surgeon’s gloves or cause “sharps injury”.
- Provides long-term dynamic compressive loading across bone fragments to offer the possibility for better healing and increased construct strength.
- Unique locking mechanism allows cables to be easily re-tightened, saving time and reducing the number of cables required. And, unlike metal cables, there is no crimping of metal.
- Cables are easy and quick to manipulate within the wound.
- No metal cable contacting metallic implants.
Tensioning instrument allows for precise tightening and locking of cables as well as sequential retensioning of previously placed cables.
Fatigue Strength Testing
The system is now available with trochanteric grips and cable-plates featuring screw holes with Agilock® Technology allowing placement of locking or compression screws in any screw hole.
US Patent Nos. 6,589,246, 7,207,090, and 8,469,967. Europe Patent Nos. 1,389,940, 1,781,961 and 2,432,401. Japan Patent No. 4,829,236. Turkey Patent Nos. TR201309922T4 and TR201405440T4. Additional US and world patents pending.